International Insurance Consultants
Providing an international business solution either in products or services can leave you exposed to calculating gangs.
Kidnap & Ransom
Doing business in today’s world means going where the opportunities are. Businesses send their people overseas for all sorts of reasons, like negotiating contracts, contract work or sourcing new product manufacturing suppliers. For opportunists this creates an opportunity, in some instances, for them to supplement their income in areas where they have expertise, kidnapping.
Each year there are about 15,000 kidnaps for ransom generating about half a billion dollars in income.
Kidnap for Ransom extends across Latin America, Caribbean, Africa, Eastern Europe, Middle East and into parts of India and Pakistan to Central and South East Asia.
The good news for business travellers is that like any industry, kidnapping for ransom has business equations that can be closely scrutinised, digested and understood.
Behavioural patterns of kidnappers can be mapped out so that needless exposure to the perils of kidnapping can be anticipated and managed, so avoiding kidnapping scenarios, such as wrongful detention and extortion.
Features & Benefits
- Policies for corporate employee protection or high profile wealthy individuals
- Crisis Management expertise - on call 24/7 and available in strategic hubs located around the world
- Claims Management or Mitigation of Risk Exposure Advice
Back to Products
- Kidnap (seizure or detention for the purpose of demanding ransom monies)
- Extortion (demands following a threat to injure, kill, or kidnap)
- Cover includes the ransom or extortion payment, loss in-transit of any payment and related expenses
- Cover options include evacuation and repatriation, as well as death & dismemberment